Happy 4th of July!
Today we will be hanging by the pool and probably drinking a cocktail or two to keep us cool. The 4th has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love the activities, the food, and the fireworks. I love the nature of relaxing all day, cooking out, playing games, and ending the day with a bang. Literally. And I mean the fireworks.
The excitement that is in the air. The popsicles and beers that are consumed. The beanbags that are thrown, and the sparklers that are danced with. It really doesn’t get much better than that.
The only way it could get better, is if you had this delicious watermelon sorbet to cool ya off. Seriously though. This stuff is so good, and so easy to make! It only takes 3 ingredients, and a few simple steps, and you have a refreshing treat that will easily impress all your guests.
4 cups of watermelon
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of water
- Buy the perfect watermelon. And even if you don’t it doesn’t matter because it is going to be blended up anyways
- Cut the flesh away from the watermelon rind
- Blend the watermelon up until it resembles a juice (it will have pulp)
- Meanwhile, boil water and stir in sugar. Mix until completely dissolved. Look at you, you just made your own simple syrup
- Let the sugar cool completely before adding it to the watermelon mixture
- Stir it up
- Pour into a 9×9 baking dish and pop that baby in the freezer until firm Blend the firm mixture again*, and voila. You’ve got watermelon sorbet.
- Scoop into cute little ramekins, decorate with a bright green sprig, and call it a day!
- If you let it freeze completely (like maybe overnight), you may have to let it sit out for a couple minutes and then break up the frozen mixture to put it into the blender.
- This makes about 8 servings
Let me know how you all like these! You also could literally do this with any fruit, so try out some others and let me know how they are!
Welp, I’m off to the pool, enjoy your day!