Anyone know why we always say happy Monday? Realistically is anyone really that glad that it is Monday? Maybe people that work the weekends. To be honest with you all, I’ve always been alright with Mondays, but have always hated Tuesdays. Come Monday, I’m just ready to start the week and get going, I mean we have to start sometime. But Tuesdays, we are only 1 days in to the week, and still have 3 more days until the weekend. It’s kind of the tease of a weekday. Anyway, if you’re still reading, you’re a good person. Here is why you’re really here.
I just wanted to share with you guys one of our staple go-to meals in our home. We almost always have all the ingredients on hand (especially considering you can change them every time), and it is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This is typically a Saturday brunch or weeknight dinner for us. Goodman loves eggs, and I love low maintanence, so it is a winner in our home. Throw a few things in a pan, and 20 minutes later we have a beautiful dish that is tasty and healthy.
Cast Iron Skillet (or oven safe pan)
* I found mine at Goodwill for $1.50 a few years ago! I keep checking back because I want at least one more small one.
1/3 of an onion
2 mini peppers or 1/2 of a pepper
2 handfuls of spinach
8 oz Sausage
1/4 cup of Feta cheese
Pinch of italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Dice all of the veggies and sauté them right in the iron skillet
- Add the sliced sausage
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs, spinach, and seasonings together
- After the sausage is slightly browned, pour the egg into the skillet
- DO NOT MIX
- Slowly run your spatula along the edges of the skillet allowing the egg on top to slide down to the bottom and cook
- Let it sit and cook for a minute or two, just until it sets and is slightly firm
- Sprinkle Feta on top
- Put it in the oven
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until cooked on top
This is definitely the one that we make most frequently, but you can literally throw whatever you want in there. Sometimes we do diced potatoes, kale, parmesan, mushrooms, or bacon. It can be as simple or complex as you or your critics prefer.
Anyone have a favorite combo that they make?