Have you guys ever had one of those days where you just couldn’t bring yourself to do anything? You had absolutely no motivation to get off the couch. The day lacked all productivity. The house was a mess, there were dishes overflowing from the sink, you had endless amounts emails that need your attention, and you hadn’t showered in a couple days. Or a few, but who is counting.
Here are a few very practical, and seemingly useless things to do to help turn a bad day around. I promise, they help. Try just one thing at a time. Don’t look at this whole list a get overwhelmed, just go down the list. Humor me.
- Turn off the TV
- Put on some music. I love this playlist on Spotify
- Light a candle
- Make your bed (trust me, if your haven is a mess, your life is a mess)
- Take a shower (Please. Also, this scrub is awesome and makes you feel like a new person)
- Put on something that you feel good in (If you look good, you feel good, and you do good.)
- Make something especially good to eat or drink (no judgement whether it is healthy or not. This or these are great options.)
- Make a to-do list (while you eat, so it doesn’t feel like work)
- Do 1 thing. Seriously, just pick one thing and do it. It can be as big as doing all of the dishes, cleaning out the refrigerator, or answering emails or as small as calling the doctor, texting your friend back, or cleaning a mirror. Anything. It will feel so good to be able to cross something off your list, and it will give you the energy to move forward. (I tend to cross off the little things first. Help me get momentum)
- At the end of the day, reward yourself with flowers, a bubble bath, or a glass of wine and tell yourself that it is going to be better tomorrow.
Here is another post I wrote almost a year ago that helps give a few tips to starting the day off right and increasing your productivity.
Cheers to another day!
What are some things you all do to turn a day around?