If I didn’t have a sweet tooth, I’d probably be the epitome of health. Okay, not the epitome, not even really close. But seriously. I can pass up fries, chips, and soda any day of the week, but when it comes to cookies and ice-cream, that’s when it gets me.
If you ask anyone that knows me well, they will be able to testify how much I love ice-cream. Milkshakes, cones, sundaes, frozen yogurt, etc. You name it, I love it. I don’t know if it is something nostalgic, and it is comforting, or I am just obsessed. Since I typically don’t have self control if it’s in the house, I don’t let myself buy it unless we have specific reason, and even then, we only buy the pints.
Instead of banning myself from ice-cream, I decided to try this recipe that I’ve seen all over Pinterest, this “healthy” ice-cream recipe. Guys, it was SO good. Seriously. It tasted kind of like that Chunky Monkey flavor by Ben and Jerry’s. I don’t know why more people don’t do this, because it is incredibly easy to make. Like easier than scooping hard ice-cream from the carton.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice-cream
- 3 bananas (frozen and chopped up)
- 1 TBS of peanut butter
- 1 tsp of cocoa powder
- A handful of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- Literally throw everything into the blender, and voila, you have ice-cream.
- I did put mine in the freezer for about 20 minutes after blending to help it mold together a little better.
- The bananas are truly just the base for the ice-cream, you could easily add any number of ingredients to make whatever flavor you’re craving!
What are some of your favorite flavors? Let me know if you try something different!